Business research concurs, e-mail marketing is here for the long-term;
* The amount of global email accounts is likely to raise from 3.3 billion accounts in 2012 to over 4.3 billion by year-end 2016. (Radicati Group, Inc)
* The US marketplace for e-mail marketing systems and services increased by approximately 15.5% year-on-year to a value of $ 500 million by the end of 2011 (Econsultancy)
* The typical email user receives 147 messages every evening, deletes 71 emails everyday and stays more than 2 hrs on email a evening (Boomerang)
eCommerce Drip E-mail Marketing
eCommerce drip marketing may be the practice of delivering a string of pre-written emails at established periods. The chief goal of eCommerce drip advertising is to participate with a possibility over a time period and in this, motivate a prospect to purchase an item with e-mail coupons and reductions. Most e-mail software programs may be designed to instantly send a few emails over a span of time following the opening e-mail.
Surprise your current database with special offers, over stocked item blowouts and recently launched items. Direct each product picture with an inserted hyperlink to its particular item page on your own site. This call to action supports sales by making the purchasing process as easy as you can – just a couple of clicks from e-mail to checkout.
Word of caution though; attempt to not spam your database with promotions till the customers hits unsubscribe.
A recent Forrester survey (Understanding Shopping Cart Abandonment) reveals 88% of internet customers state they have forgotten an on-line shopping cart without finishing a trade. This is the same proportion as five years ago, recommending that merchants have yet to tackle cart abandonment and dropped revenue.
One eCommerce e-mail approach would be to deliver a chain of three emails to re-engage the internet purchaser. These emails could possibly contain a product the person nearly bought, a assessment information using an identical product or invite to review the site and see the item explanation site.
Also re-engage with present clients that have not bought all of your items in certain period. ‘Welcome Back’ promotional emails offering discount off or ‘Customer Survey’ emails both function nicely in these conditions.
E-mail Marketing Segmentation
Based on The E-mail Marketing Industry Demographics by Econsultancy and Adestra, companies who are training basic segmentation are 95% more prone to price e-mail ROI as outstanding or good when compared with these who don’t use also basic segmentation, nor have ideas to do this.
Segmenting your current e-mail listings is frustrating but really worthwhile. For eCommerce lists, arrange e-mail addresses into classes according to previous purchase history. Produce extremely targeted e-mail campaigns acceptable for every distinct class.
* Goal ‘First Time Purchasers’ by creating knowledge; product training and amusement emails will probably encourage newcomers to buy.
* Provide strong purchase bonuses to ‘One Time Purchasers’. Low cost guarantees, free transport or a free item may promote ‘One Time Purchasers’ to re-purchase as quickly as possible.
* Cross-selling and up-selling approaches will attract ‘Multiple Time Purchasers’ to re-purchase. Furthermore, incentive this section with valuable e-coupons to thank them for their continuing business. Raise the amount of targeting and e-mail marketing customization as the level of devotion increases.
( Via soscomplete.com )
Source : http://www.syarian.com